Police Investigating Daytime Shooting in Mississauga
Police are appealing to witnesses for information following a daytime shooting incident in Mississauga.
Police say that on Monday, March 20 at approximately 3:23 p.m., officers received multiple reports of gunshots being fired in the Knotty Pine Grove and Mavis Road area.
According to police, three vehicles were seen speeding and driving erratically in the southbound lanes on Mavis. The suspect vehicles have been described as a dark grey Jeep Grand Cherokee, a dark grey Toyota Corolla and a dark-coloured Dodge Durango.
Police say that numerous shots were fired between the Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Toyota Corolla. The Dodge Durango struck an unrelated vehicle and failed to remain on scene.
No injuries were reported.
Investigators would like to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident or anyone who may have information regarding the incident.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- Two people dead following single-car crash in Mississauga
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, vaccines and the India flight ban – May 7, 2021
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges