Police Investigating After Person Struck and Killed by GO Train in Mississauga
One person is dead after being struck by a GO train in Mississauga on Saturday morning.
The incident took place near the Port Credit GO station during the Paint the Town Red Canada Day festivities.
Emergency crews were sent to Queen St. E. and Woodlawn Ave., near Lakeshore Rd. E. east of Hurontario St. around 11 a.m.
Peel police are working to find out why it happened.
Service along the Lakeshore West line has come to a halt.
- Police Investigating Shots Fired into Mississauga Residence
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- Police Make One of the Largest Gun Seizures in Region’s History
- Police Searching for Missing Mississauga Male
- Report Suggests Criminal Money is Driving Up Housing Prices in the GTA