Police investigating after Mississauga man shot in Kitchener
Police are searching for a suspect who allegedly shot a Mississauga man in Kitchener.
Waterloo Regional Police say that at 9:45 pm on June 10, 2020, officers arrived in the King Street East and Deer Ridge Drive area after receiving reports of a shooting.
Upon arrival, police located a 55-year-old man with a gunshot wound. He was transported to hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
He remains in hospital in stable condition, police say.
According to police, a black Mercedes was seen fleeing the area at the time of the incident, possibly headed east on King Street towards Highway 401.
The suspect has been described as a tall, white male.
Police say there will be an increased police presence in the area while investigators continue to canvas the area. It is not yet known if the shooting was random or targeted.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact police at 519-570-9777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- SIU investigating after teenage bank robbery suspect shot by police in Mississauga
- Police Searching For Mississauga Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Suspect in Mississauga Shooting
- Police Release Photos of Suspect Following Shooting in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Nightclub Shooting Suspect in Mississauga
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class