Police investigate 16 reports of attempted car thefts in Burlington this week
Published March 30, 2022 at 2:19 pm
A rash of attempted vehicle thefts in Burlington have been reported to Halton Police since Sunday, Mar. 27.
A total of 16 incidents have been investigated by police. In many instances, vehicle windows were smashed in order to gain access the interior. Several of the entries were reported to have no valuables stolen. These incidents occurred during the night.
Police would like to remind residents of the following tips to help protect themselves from these types of incidents:
- If you see something suspicious, report it to police
- If possible, park vehicles in a garage overnight
- Don’t leave valuables in your vehicle
- Remove garage door opener and identifying papers from your vehicle
- Illuminate the exterior of your residence (including driveway) at night
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to contact the 3 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777 ext. 2316.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or at the website.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising advertising