Police Intervene After Drivers Ignore Closed Railway Gates in Mississauga
A recent situation has police warning citizens not to drive around closed railway gates.
There have been numerous instances of drivers going around the crossing gates at Wolfedale Road, the Mississauga News reports.
The gates went down sometime around 8 a.m. Friday morning. Police responded to the situation after hearing reports of motorists ignore the gates and continue on Wolfedale, which Const. Bally Saini told The News is a dangerous situation that warrants a police response.
MiWay Transit crews are also on scene to help direct traffic. Officers are currently guarding the closed gates to make sure no more drivers try to get past them.
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Mississauga in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 17
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police