Police Intervene After Drivers Ignore Closed Railway Gates in Mississauga
A recent situation has police warning citizens not to drive around closed railway gates.
There have been numerous instances of drivers going around the crossing gates at Wolfedale Road, the Mississauga News reports.
The gates went down sometime around 8 a.m. Friday morning. Police responded to the situation after hearing reports of motorists ignore the gates and continue on Wolfedale, which Const. Bally Saini told The News is a dangerous situation that warrants a police response.
MiWay Transit crews are also on scene to help direct traffic. Officers are currently guarding the closed gates to make sure no more drivers try to get past them.
- OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
- BMW Crashes Into Chinese Restaurant In Mississauga
- VIDEO: Four-Year-Old Ejected From Vehicle During Highway 401 Collision In Mississauga
- A Guinness World Record Has Been Set at Square One in Mississauga
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club in Mississauga