Police Intervene After Drivers Ignore Closed Railway Gates in Mississauga
A recent situation has police warning citizens not to drive around closed railway gates.
There have been numerous instances of drivers going around the crossing gates at Wolfedale Road, the Mississauga News reports.
The gates went down sometime around 8 a.m. Friday morning. Police responded to the situation after hearing reports of motorists ignore the gates and continue on Wolfedale, which Const. Bally Saini told The News is a dangerous situation that warrants a police response.
MiWay Transit crews are also on scene to help direct traffic. Officers are currently guarding the closed gates to make sure no more drivers try to get past them.
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- Cancel travel plans, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urges Canadians
- UPDATED: Man brought back to life after major crash in Mississauga
- System outage affecting online learning for Mississauga public school students