Police identify woman killed in fatal hit-and-run collision in Mississauga
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police Major Collision Bureau have identified the victim and vehicle involved in a fatal hit-and-run collision that occurred in the Dixie Road and Lakeshore Road East area in Mississauga.
Police say that around 6:40 am on Jan. 31, 2020, Penny Cousard, a 45-year-old woman from Mississauga, was operating an electric mobility wheelchair north on Dixie Road in the southbound bicycle lane when she was struck by a 2014 black Honda Civic (similar vehicle pictured in cover photo).
The vehicle has licence plates that read CKCX 123.
Police say the driver was travelling southbound on Dixie Road when they struck and killed the victim. They did not remain on scene.
The vehicle will have extensive front end damage.
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau are urging the driver of the suspected vehicle to contact a lawyer and turn themselves in.
Police are asking for anyone with information on the location of this vehicle or if they have any information related to this collision to contact the Major Collision Bureau (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Mississauga man arrested after vehicle fatally strikes woman in mobility wheelchair
- Police Identify Victim Who Was Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police searching for vehicle involved in hit and run in Mississauga
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Collision in Misissauga
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location