Police identify woman fatally stabbed in Mississauga
Police have identified the victim of a fatal stabbing that took place in Mississauga over the weekend.
Peel police say that on Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020, officers responded to a call regarding an assault in the Roadside Way area.
Police say officers arrived at a residence in the area and located a woman suffering from what appeared to be stab wounds. Shortly afterwards, she was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The victim has been identified as Brittney Newman, a 25-year-old Mississauga woman.
Police say the suspect, 27-year-old Abdiljibar Mahamoud, was located by officers at the scene and arrested. Two children under the age of six were present at the residence and were uninjured.
Police say the victim and the accused were involved in a previous relationship.
The accused has been charged with second-degree murder.
He is scheduled to appear in court on Monday, Feb. 10, 2020, for a bail hearing.
Investigators are asking anyone with information relating to this investigation, to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Police identify victim in fatal stabbing incident in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim in Suspected Murder-Suicide Incident
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Police Identify Woman Allegedly Killed by Husband in Mississauga
- 15-Year-Old Mississauga Boy Identified as Stabbing Victim
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Suspects, armed with a knife and gun, sought after Mississauga stabbing
- Houses in Mississauga significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Male hospitalized following stabbing in Mississauga