Police Identify Woman Allegedly Killed by Husband in Mississauga
An elderly man is facing charges in connection with the alleged murder of his wife, a 74-year-old Mississauga woman.
Police say the murder marks the Region of Peel's first homicide of 2019.
Peel police say that on the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019, officers were called to a residence on Rushton Crescent in Mississauga to investigate reports of a woman without vital signs.
Once officers arrived, they discovered that the victim, Tan Nguyen, was deceased. Police say officers found her death to be suspicious in nature.
Police have charged Dinh Nguyen, 76, with second degree murder. He appeared in court on Feb. 12.
While police did not disclose the relationship between those involved, a source told insauga.com that the accused and deceased were married.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, extension 3205.
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Police Identify Victim in Suspected Murder-Suicide Incident
- Police Arrest Two Men in Connection With Murder of Mississauga Man
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga