Police Identify Woman Allegedly Killed by Husband in Mississauga
An elderly man is facing charges in connection with the alleged murder of his wife, a 74-year-old Mississauga woman.
Police say the murder marks the Region of Peel's first homicide of 2019.
Peel police say that on the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019, officers were called to a residence on Rushton Crescent in Mississauga to investigate reports of a woman without vital signs.
Once officers arrived, they discovered that the victim, Tan Nguyen, was deceased. Police say officers found her death to be suspicious in nature.
Police have charged Dinh Nguyen, 76, with second degree murder. He appeared in court on Feb. 12.
While police did not disclose the relationship between those involved, a source told insauga.com that the accused and deceased were married.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, extension 3205.
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Police Identify Victim in Suspected Murder-Suicide Incident
- Police identify woman fatally stabbed in Mississauga
- Man charged in connection with his wife's death in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Two Men in Connection With Murder of Mississauga Man
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled
- 20 Maxmillion lotto prizes of $1 million were won in Ontario, no jackpot winner
- Here are where all 50 of its photo radar locations are in Brampton
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location