Police identify victim killed in Mississauga shooting
The investigation into Peel’s 22nd homicide of the year is ongoing.
Around 11:50 p.m. on Tuesday, October 22, officers responded to a shooting in front of a condominium building on Webb Drive.
They located a 26 year old Stoufville man suffering from gunshot wounds, who was later pronounced dead.
“Investigation to date has revealed that the victim was seated in a vehicle when the suspect walked up to the vehicle and fired several bullets towards the victim,” police say. “The suspect then fled the area on foot.”
There is no suspect information available at this time.
The victim in this incident has been identified as Mario Ibrahim.
Anyone with information that can assist the investigation is asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121, extension 3205.
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- 7 ways we can crush COVID in Mississauga and Brampton