Police identify victim killed in Mississauga shooting
The investigation into Peel’s 22nd homicide of the year is ongoing.
Around 11:50 p.m. on Tuesday, October 22, officers responded to a shooting in front of a condominium building on Webb Drive.
They located a 26 year old Stoufville man suffering from gunshot wounds, who was later pronounced dead.
“Investigation to date has revealed that the victim was seated in a vehicle when the suspect walked up to the vehicle and fired several bullets towards the victim,” police say. “The suspect then fled the area on foot.”
There is no suspect information available at this time.
The victim in this incident has been identified as Mario Ibrahim.
Anyone with information that can assist the investigation is asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121, extension 3205.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- Police investigating unknown remains discovered in Mississauga
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville