Police Identify Victim Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
Police have released the identity of a woman killed after being struck by a vehicle, in hopes that a family member will contact police.
The incident happened at 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, February 15. Layla Wilke, 61, was crossing Mavis Road in the area of Knotty Pine Grove when she was hit by a car.
Wilke suffered major injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The vehicle, a small white car, did not remain on the scene.
Police are asking the driver, as well as anyone who may have witnessed or have video footage of the incident, to come forward. Anyone with information can contact police at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Mississauga Set to Consider Ambitious Multi-Million Dollar Climate Change Plan
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga