Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection with at least two sexual assaults in Mississauga, and police believe the suspect may be connected to more.
The Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit recently announced that officers are seeking assistance from the public in relation to sexual assaults in the Lakefront Promenade and Lakeshore Road East area.
Police allege that on Monday, Oct. 8, 2018 at 5 p.m., a woman was sexually assaulted by an individual who was cycling along the pathway within Lakefront Promenade.
Police allege that further investigation has revealed that the same suspect could be responsible for a separate sexual assault at the same location that occurred several days prior.
On Monday, Oct. 8, 2018, police arrested 31-year-old Toronto man Jonathan Flynn.
He has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and one count of assault with a weapon.
He is being held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Investigators believe the accused may be connected to similar acts in the area and ask anyone with information to contact Peel Regional Police.
Anyone with information in relation to these incidents is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Peel Police Seeking the Public’s Help Following Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Police seeking public's assistance in identifying suspect connected to sexual assault in Mississauga
- Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s
- VIDEO: Police still looking for suspect wanted in connection with sexual assault in Mississauga
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, vaccines and the India flight ban – May 7, 2021