Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection with at least two sexual assaults in Mississauga, and police believe the suspect may be connected to more.
The Peel Regional Police Special Victims Unit recently announced that officers are seeking assistance from the public in relation to sexual assaults in the Lakefront Promenade and Lakeshore Road East area.
Police allege that on Monday, Oct. 8, 2018 at 5 p.m., a woman was sexually assaulted by an individual who was cycling along the pathway within Lakefront Promenade.
Police allege that further investigation has revealed that the same suspect could be responsible for a separate sexual assault at the same location that occurred several days prior.
On Monday, Oct. 8, 2018, police arrested 31-year-old Toronto man Jonathan Flynn.
He has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and one count of assault with a weapon.
He is being held in custody pending a bail hearing.
Investigators believe the accused may be connected to similar acts in the area and ask anyone with information to contact Peel Regional Police.
Anyone with information in relation to these incidents is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Peel Police Seeking the Public’s Help Following Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Peel Police Arrest Suspect of Sexual Assault in the 1970s
- Peel Police Seeking the Public’s Help Following Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- Mississauga Tanning Salon Co-Owner Charged With Numerous Sexual Assaults