Police Identify Mother and Child Killed in Mississauga Crash
Police are appealing for witnesses following a horrific fatal collision in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018 at 2:04 a.m., a grey Hyundai was travelling northbound on Mavis Road when it collided with a black Nissan that was travelling eastbound on Burnhamthorpe Road.
A mother and young child were killed in the crash.
Police say that 33-year-old Saket Dogra, the child's father, suffered life-threatening injuries and remains in hospital.
Thirty-one-year old Khushbu Aroro and the couple's two-year-old son, Prakrit Dogra, succumbed to their injuries.
The family is from Mississauga.
Police say the lone occupant of the second vehicle was transported to hospital in serious condition.
He has not been charged with any offence.
Peel Police have assigned three investigators to the collision as they continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the fatal crash.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have video footage of the incident , or anyone who may have information regarding the actions of the driver prior to the collision, to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
- Police Investigating Suspicious Fire at Children’s Playground in Mississauga
- Fatal Collision in Mississauga Results in the Death of a Mother and Child
- Police Identify Man Killed in Fatal Crash with Bus in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Collision that Killed 15-Year-Old Girl in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim Killed in Crash on Mississauga Border
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Fatal Mississauga Crash