Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
Peel police recently released the identity of the victim of Mississauga's first homicide of 2017.
Police are currently investigating a fatal shooting that claimed the life of 28-year-old Mississauga man Shane Thomas.
On Wednesday, March 1 at approximately 9:55 p.m., officers responded to reports of gunshots in the Mississauga Valley Blvd. and Elm Drive area. When officers arrived on scene, they discovered that Thomas was suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police believe this is an isolated incident and that there is no imminent threat to public safety.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905 453-2121 Ext 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Long-standing laser tag facility shuts down in Mississauga
- Mississauga mayor says city ticketed restaurants and individuals for violating gathering limits
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- COVID-19 hits more schools amid growing fears of pandemic’s second wave