Police Identify Man Accused of Hitting and Dragging OPP Officer in Mississauga
Police have released the identity of man arrested in connection with a serious hit and run incident that injured an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer.
On Monday, Sept. 4 at approximately 9:00 a.m., Constable Patrick Chatelain conducted a traffic stop at Hurontario Street just south of Highway 403 in Mississauga. During the traffic stop, the vehicle fled, dragging the officer for an extended distance.
Chatelain has since been released from hospital and is set to make a full recovery, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Later on that evening, Peel police arrested and charged the driver, 25-year-old Brampton man Ian Anthony Green. He has been charged with numerous offences, including dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing bodily harm, criminal negligence causing bodily harm, failing to remain and more.
Green was held for a bail hearing and will appear in court today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses to the incident, especially those who may have video surveillance or dashboard video.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and that officers would like to speak to the three other occupants who were in the vehicle at the time of the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- New Store Now Open in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga
- Rental Rates are Climbing Higher in Mississauga: Report
- PHOTOS: Multiple Vehicles Collision in Mississauga Plaza
- Mississauga Residents Celebrating Exciting Lotto Win
- Police Investigating Following Dangerous Driving Incident in Mississauga
- Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Arrested Again Following Dispute Just Outside of Mississauga
- Suspect Vehicle Located, Driver Missing After Officer Injured in Crash This Morning