Police identify 23-year-old drowning victim from Mississauga
Police say that a 23-year-old Mississauga man has drowned in Minden Hills.
The OPP say that around 5:00 pm on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020, members of the Haliburton Highlands Detachment of the OPP, Minden Hills Fire Department and Haliburton County Paramedic Services (HCPS) responded to reports of a drowning on Kashagawigamog Lake in the Township of Minden Hills.
Police say Mohamed Amar Mukthar failed to resurface from the water while swimming.
The deceased was located by the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit.
Police say a post mortem examination is scheduled to take place at the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto.
- Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
- Mississauga man drowns in Prince Edward County
- Mississauga Woman in Critical Condition Following Motorcycle Crash in Halton Hills
- Police Identify Deceased Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Discovery of Human Remains
- Mississauga Man Has Possibly Drowned at a EDM Festival
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.