Police identify 23-year-old drowning victim from Mississauga
Police say that a 23-year-old Mississauga man has drowned in Minden Hills.
The OPP say that around 5:00 pm on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020, members of the Haliburton Highlands Detachment of the OPP, Minden Hills Fire Department and Haliburton County Paramedic Services (HCPS) responded to reports of a drowning on Kashagawigamog Lake in the Township of Minden Hills.
Police say Mohamed Amar Mukthar failed to resurface from the water while swimming.
The deceased was located by the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit.
Police say a post mortem examination is scheduled to take place at the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto.
- Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
- Mississauga man drowns in Prince Edward County
- Homicide detectives take over probe of fatal house fire in Halton Hills
- Halton Police's initial investigation shows it was collision, not single-vehicle crash, that led to death of male passenger in Halton Hills
- Police Identify Deceased Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Discovery of Human Remains
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga