Police identify 23-year-old drowning victim from Mississauga
Police say that a 23-year-old Mississauga man has drowned in Minden Hills.
The OPP say that around 5:00 pm on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020, members of the Haliburton Highlands Detachment of the OPP, Minden Hills Fire Department and Haliburton County Paramedic Services (HCPS) responded to reports of a drowning on Kashagawigamog Lake in the Township of Minden Hills.
Police say Mohamed Amar Mukthar failed to resurface from the water while swimming.
The deceased was located by the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit.
Police say a post mortem examination is scheduled to take place at the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto.
- Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
- Mississauga man drowns in Prince Edward County
- Homicide detectives take over probe of fatal house fire in Halton Hills
- Police Identify Deceased Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Discovery of Human Remains
- Mississauga Woman in Critical Condition Following Motorcycle Crash in Halton Hills
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month