Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
Police have identified the 19-year-old victim of a fatal crash in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Monday, Feb. 5 at approximately 11:00 p.m., a group of seven young people left a Mississauga restaurant in two separate vehicles. The two vehicles, a Mitsubishi Eclipse and a Ford Fusion, travelled westbound on Eglinton Ave. at a high rate of speed and came into slight contact with each other as they approached Mavis Road.
Police say the Mitsubishi Eclipse lost control and slid into a traffic light pole at the intersection.
Rabab Arshad was ejected from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
Another occupant of the vehicle was transported to a trauma centre with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say 22-year-old Milton man Hashim Khan and 20-year-old Brampton man Muhammad Daniyal Khan were arrested and charged with a number of offences, including criminal negligence causing death, criminal negligence causing bodily harm, criminal negligence caused by street racing, dangerous driving causing death and more.
The two drivers appeared in court on Tuesday Feb. 6 for a bail hearing.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have video footage of the incident or who may have information regarding the actions of the drivers involved prior to the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
Police officers have charged 34 people with stunt driving by speeding in excess of 50 km/h over the posted speed limit in the past 60 days alone.
- Hamilton woman charged after 5-year-old suffered "life-threatening" injuries in a collision
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Teen Charged After Mother and Toddler Killed in Collision in Mississauga
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Police Identify Man Arrested in Connection With Crash That Killed 22-Year-Old Woman
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Linen Chest coming to Square One in Mississauga