Police Have Recovered Missing Mississauga Man's Body from Water
Police made a rather sad and shocking discovery Friday morning.
Ontario Provincial Police found and retrieved a man's body from the waters of Georgian Bay near Present Island, according to Simcoe News.
The body, recovered at around 9 a.m., is believed to be a 56-year-old Mississauga boater who went missing last Monday, August 22.
Police received a report on that day of an empty watercraft (specifically, a Seadoo Speedster) out on the water, and a search of the area was conducted to find the missing operator.
The body was discovered by the Southern Georgian Bay OPP Marine Unit and the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit. Police are continuing to investigate this incident.
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Here’s why Mississauga residents should vote strategically this election
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Body of Missing Mississauga Man Recovered by Police
- Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
- Police on Scene After Dead Body Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- Police Recover Dead Body from River in Mississauga