Police Have Recovered Missing Mississauga Man's Body from Water
Police made a rather sad and shocking discovery Friday morning.
Ontario Provincial Police found and retrieved a man's body from the waters of Georgian Bay near Present Island, according to Simcoe News.
The body, recovered at around 9 a.m., is believed to be a 56-year-old Mississauga boater who went missing last Monday, August 22.
Police received a report on that day of an empty watercraft (specifically, a Seadoo Speedster) out on the water, and a search of the area was conducted to find the missing operator.
The body was discovered by the Southern Georgian Bay OPP Marine Unit and the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit. Police are continuing to investigate this incident.
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools