Police Have Recovered Missing Mississauga Man's Body from Water
Police made a rather sad and shocking discovery Friday morning.
Ontario Provincial Police found and retrieved a man's body from the waters of Georgian Bay near Present Island, according to Simcoe News.
The body, recovered at around 9 a.m., is believed to be a 56-year-old Mississauga boater who went missing last Monday, August 22.
Police received a report on that day of an empty watercraft (specifically, a Seadoo Speedster) out on the water, and a search of the area was conducted to find the missing operator.
The body was discovered by the Southern Georgian Bay OPP Marine Unit and the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit. Police are continuing to investigate this incident.
- Body of Missing Mississauga Man Recovered by Police
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
- Police on Scene After Dead Body Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Dead body found in water at Marie Curtis Park
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity