Police Find and Identify Body of Mississauga Man Following Suspected Drowning Incident
A Mississauga man has been identified as the victim of a suspected drowning incident.
Wellington County OPP say that on July 29 at approximately 4:00 p.m., officers were called to a water rescue on Lake Belwood.
Police say four men stopped their boat in about six metres (20 feet) of water to swim. While swimming, one of the men was overtaken by water and could not be immediately located.
Police say that emergency crews searched for the missing man until dusk.
On July 30, the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Unit searched the area and located the body in the area where he was last seen.
Police say he was identified by family at the scene as 31-year-old Mississauga man Sathees Gnanenthiran.
Police say the deceased was not wearing a life jacket.
A coroner is currently investigating the exact cause of death.
- Police Have Recovered Missing Mississauga Man's Body from Water
- Police Identify Victim in Suspected Murder-Suicide Incident
- Police and emergency crews attempting a water rescue in Mississauga
- Police Identify Dead Body Found in Lake in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Dead Body Found in Park Area in Mississauga