Police Emergency Exercise Happening at Square One in Mississauga
In their efforts to provide the best possible response to critical incidents in the community, police say they will be participating in an upcoming, full-scale emergency preparedness exercise in Mississauga.
Dubbed “Project FireFly”, the exercise is set to happen at Square One this Monday (May 28) between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m.
The exercise, which has been planned for several months, is meant to test various components of Peel Regional Police, Peel Tactical Paramedics, Mississauga Fire, and Square One Security in the event of an emergency situation.
Police say the goal is to identify strengths and weaknesses of the joint emergency services response.
Police give special thanks to all of the involved parties for their cooperation, as well as to Square One for the use of its facility.
Residents are assured that this exercise will not interfere with the emergency services or transit services that are regularly provided within Peel.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- 18 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday Near Mississauga
- Man in Mississauga Transported to Trauma Centre with Apparent Gunshot Wounds
- A Dog Daycare is Shutting Down in Mississauga
- Weapon Seized in Mental Health Incident On A Mississauga Highway