Police Confirm Bodies Found in Mississauga Pond Belong to Oakville Brothers
Police have officially confirmed that the two bodies recovered from a man-made pond in the Ninth Line and Thomas Street area in Mississauga belong to two Oakville brothers who went missing last weekend.
On Friday, Nov. 4, Halton Regional Police launched a missing persons investigation after two young adult brothers did not return home. Prior to their disappearance, they were last seen in the Tenth Line and Thomas St. area in Mississauga.
On Tuesday, Nov. 8, Halton police located a vehicle submerged in a pond. With the help of the Peel Regional Police marine unit, authorities recovered the silver BMW that the brothers were operating before they went missing. During a further search of the pond, two bodies were discovered. They were not found in the vehicle.
On Nov. 10, autopsies confirmed that bodies belong to 22-year-old Hamza Khan and 20-year-old Shah Rukh Khan. It has been determined that both drowned. The autopsies revealed no other signs of trauma.
Investigators do not believe any other vehicles were involved in the incident.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
Photo courtesy of Facebook
- VIDEO: Police Discover Two Bodies After Recovering Car Driven by Oakville Brothers in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Car Driven by Missing Oakville Brothers Found in Mississauga Pond
- Police Searching for Oakville Brothers Who Went Missing in Mississauga
- Deceased bodies of missing father and four year old girl recovered at Rattlesnake Point
- Police locate deceased bodies of missing father and daughter after hike
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga