Police Chase Ends in Mississauga After Bus Driver Blocks Fleeing Oakville Man
Halton Police have made an arrest in relation to a recent mischief investigation.
Around 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 16, officers attended a residence near Fourth Line and Upper Middle Road West in Oakville to follow up on an incident involving a male allegedly shooting his neighbours' vehicles with a pellet gun.
Police found the suspect leaving his residence in a vehicle and attempted to stop him, but the suspect fled.
Police chased the suspect to Mississauga, where an alerted public transit bus driver blocked the vehicle's path at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Hurontario Street.
"A search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of a loaded CO2 powered pellet gun and a 7" knife," police say.
33 year old Oakville man Mostafa Ragab was briefly taken to hospital for minor injuries and later transported to the Oakville police station.
Ragab is charged with two counts of mischief under $5,000, fleeing from police, assault with intent to resist arrest, and two counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision Involving Mississauga Man In Oakville
- Driver Charged After Fleeing From Police in Mississauga
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers Arrested in Mississauga
- Suspect strikes police cruiser while fleeing traffic stop in Mississauga