Police Charge Man Who Taught in Mississauga with Sexual Assault
Peel Regional police recently announced that investigators from the Special Victims Unit have charged Satnam Rayat, a 57-year-old karate and dance instructor who sometimes works in Mississauga, in relation to a sexual assault investigation.
According to police, investigators received information that a nine-year-old female victim was sexually assaulted by her karate teacher. The victim was allegedly assaulted on numerous occasions while alone with Rayat, who is the owner and operator of Rayat Karate in Brampton.
Rayat also teaches classes in Mississauga, Burlington and Toronto.
Rayat was arrested and charged with sexual assault, sexual interference and invitation to sexual touching on Saturday, Sept. 24. He was held for a bail hearing before an Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Sunday, Sept. 25.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone who may have had contact with the accused is urged to contact police.
If you have any information in relation to this incident, please contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121 ext. 3460. Anonymous information may also be submitted by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting Peel Crime Stoppers or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Police Charge Mississauga Hospital Nurse with Sexual Assault
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Arrest Made After Alleged Sexual Assault by Mississauga Karate Instructor in 1998
- Man Claiming to be Doctor Charged with Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- Mississauga private school teacher charged with sexual assault
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021
- Here’s what you need to know about the Province’s stay-at-home order
- Ontario sees signficiant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady