Police Catch Mississauga Robber Attempting to Flee
Police: 1, robbers: 0, at least regarding today’s incident.
Earlier Thursday afternoon, officers responded to a robbery-in-progress at a BMO Bank of Montreal location in the area of Goreway and Etude.
The male robber soon left the bank and tried to flee on foot, but was caught by police after a short chase. He has been arrested and will be facing charges, decided at a later time.
Police wrote on Twitter that there was a “heavy police presence” at the time the robbery was happening and advised citizens to avoid the area, though it should be safe now with the perpetrator taken care of.
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 1, 2016
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- Get Ready for Some Brutally Cold Weather in Mississauga
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga