Police Catch Mississauga Robber Attempting to Flee
Police: 1, robbers: 0, at least regarding today’s incident.
Earlier Thursday afternoon, officers responded to a robbery-in-progress at a BMO Bank of Montreal location in the area of Goreway and Etude.
The male robber soon left the bank and tried to flee on foot, but was caught by police after a short chase. He has been arrested and will be facing charges, decided at a later time.
Police wrote on Twitter that there was a “heavy police presence” at the time the robbery was happening and advised citizens to avoid the area, though it should be safe now with the perpetrator taken care of.
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Police investigating stabbing near Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga
- Ontario confirms second case of Wuhan coronavirus
- Suspects flee armed robbery in Mississauga