Police Catch Mississauga Robber Attempting to Flee
Police: 1, robbers: 0, at least regarding today’s incident.
Earlier Thursday afternoon, officers responded to a robbery-in-progress at a BMO Bank of Montreal location in the area of Goreway and Etude.
The male robber soon left the bank and tried to flee on foot, but was caught by police after a short chase. He has been arrested and will be facing charges, decided at a later time.
Police wrote on Twitter that there was a “heavy police presence” at the time the robbery was happening and advised citizens to avoid the area, though it should be safe now with the perpetrator taken care of.
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) September 1, 2016
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga