Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401 in Mississauga
“#BadIdea” is right.
The two men involved were reportedly racing at nearly 200 km/hr on Highway 401. Schmidt claims one of the men was a lone G1 driver with alcohol.
Police also posted photos showing both of the vehicles being towed away from the scene.
Although charges have not been disclosed, the typical punishment for street racing includes a fine ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 as well as a licence suspension of up to two years for the first conviction, according to the Ontario Driver’s Handbook.
(Photos from OPP Twitter.)
- Police Launch Special Project to Eliminate Street Racing in Mississauga and Peel
- Peel Police to announce break-up of street racing ring
- Police make multiple arrests in drifting and street racing investigation
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Ramp Blocked Off Due To Truck Rollover On Highway 403
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton still reporting 5 postal codes with high COVID-19 positivity
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Warbird planes fly through Mississauga and Brampton skies
- Empty lot at major Brampton intersection being turned into hub of commerce
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas