Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401 in Mississauga
“#BadIdea” is right.
The two men involved were reportedly racing at nearly 200 km/hr on Highway 401. Schmidt claims one of the men was a lone G1 driver with alcohol.
Police also posted photos showing both of the vehicles being towed away from the scene.
Although charges have not been disclosed, the typical punishment for street racing includes a fine ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 as well as a licence suspension of up to two years for the first conviction, according to the Ontario Driver’s Handbook.
(Photos from OPP Twitter.)
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Power outage affecting over 600 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- Suspect sought after shooting in Mississauga
- Police Launch Special Project to Eliminate Street Racing in Mississauga and Peel
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Ramp Blocked Off Due To Truck Rollover On Highway 403
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Arrested After Highway Crash Injures Six in Mississauga