Police Bust Street Racing Incident on Highway 401 in Mississauga
“#BadIdea” is right.
The two men involved were reportedly racing at nearly 200 km/hr on Highway 401. Schmidt claims one of the men was a lone G1 driver with alcohol.
Police also posted photos showing both of the vehicles being towed away from the scene.
Although charges have not been disclosed, the typical punishment for street racing includes a fine ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 as well as a licence suspension of up to two years for the first conviction, according to the Ontario Driver’s Handbook.
(Photos from OPP Twitter.)
- Police Launch Special Project to Eliminate Street Racing in Mississauga and Peel
- Police Identify 19-Year-Old Woman Killed in Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Arrested After Highway Crash Injures Six in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Three People Injured After Alleged Street Racing Crash in Mississauga