Police Attending Two Active Fires in Mississauga
Two separate fires have broken out this afternoon in Mississauga.
Police got a call at 4:41 p.m. for an active fire in the area of Stanfield and Middlegate Road.
Shortly after, another call came in at 4:43 p.m. regarding a fire in the area of Kitimat and Mississauga Road.
In both incidents, the occupants were evacuated and no injuries have been reported.
Officers are on scene. Residents may want to avoid these areas for now.
UPDATE: Mississauga Road is closed in both directions from Erin Mills Parkway to Kitimat Road, police say.
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Brampton parents charged after child's luggage used to smuggle drugs into Mississauga's Pearson Airport
- Property taxes set to rise in Mississauga, councillors agree to a salary freeze
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff