Police asking residents to shelter in place due to ongoing incident in Oakville
There’s a heavy police presence in the area of Devon Rd and Wedgewood Dr this morning, south of Cornwall at Maple Grove.
Halton police said at 9:16 a.m. that they’re responding to an “ongoing incident”.
Residents in the area are asked to shelter in place until further notice.
The situation is contained to one residence, police say.
UPDATE (9:38 am): Police say the incident is still ongoing and involves a person in crisis. Road closures are in effect at this time.
UPDATE: (9:54 am): The male has been safely apprehended and no injuries were reported. Residents can now return to their homes.
“A number of police resources were deployed including uniform patrol officers, tactical officers, K9, and crisis negotiators, with the goal of bringing this incident to a safe conclusion,” said police.
There will be an ongoing police presence in this area throughout the morning.
- Officers in Georgetown responding to second person in crisis
- Heavy police presence as officers respond to man with firearm inside Brampton residence
- Male in police custody after shooting, nine-hour crisis negotiation in Oakville
- LATEST: Halton Police have the individual who had barricaded themselves in Oakville in custody
- Police Dealing with Person in Crisis in Mississauga
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Weddings and buffets could be back as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton
- BREAKING: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments May 6
- Brampton bylaw officer assaulted while trying to break up birthday party