Police arrest single suspect in connection to murder in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police (PRP) has made an arrest in connection to a murder in Mississauga.
At 6:25 a.m. this morning (October 6), PRP was called to the area of Galbraith Drive and Barwell Road in Mississauga.
Upon arrival, PRP discovered a woman in her fifties with apparent signs of trauma--she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police located 53-year-old Stephen Kerelchuk, the victim's husband, at the scene. Kerelchuk was arrested and charged with 2nd Degree Murder.
The investigation is still on-going, and anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905)453-2121 extension 3205.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Man charged in connection with his wife's death in Mississauga
- Police make arrest in connection to murder that occurred in Brampton last summer
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police arrest 86-year-old Mississauga man in connection to homicide
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga and Brampton grocery stores this week
- BREAKING: Province shortens AstraZeneca second dose to 8 weeks in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Canada paid a premium to get doses from Pfizer earlier than planned