Police Arrest Second Suspect After 14-Year-Old Boy Murdered in Mississauga
Police have arrested the second outstanding suspect wanted in connection with the murder of a 14-year-old boy who was found slain in a park in Mississauga.
Peel police say another arrest has been made following the death of Riley Driver-Martin.
Martin's body was located on Friday, Dec. 7, 2018 around 8:00 a.m. after police were called to a park in the Lewisham Drive and Truscott Drive area.
On Friday, Dec. 7, 2018, 20-year-old Mississauga man Nicholas Mahabir was arrested and charged with second degree murder.
On Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, an arrest warrant for second degree murder was issued for Mark Mahabir, a 20 year-old man from Mississauga.
That same day, the suspect surrendered to Peel Regional Police.
He will appear in court on Sunday, Dec. 9.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, video surveillance or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121 Ext 3205.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2 mil family home with impressive kitchen
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Man Arrested in Connection with Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton