Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
Police have arrested a second male alleged to be responsible for the murder of 18-year-old Toronto teen Maxwell (Max) Alexander Chavez.
On Saturday, Oct. 14 at 12:51 a.m., Peel police responded to a disturbance call in the Lakeshore Road and Cawthra Road area.
When officers arrived on scene, they located two male victims suffering from stab-type injuries.
Both victims were rushed to a local hospital and later transferred to a trauma centre in Toronto.
Chavez succumbed to his injuries.
The second victim suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries.
On Friday, Oct. 20, investigators arrested and charged Trayon Johnson with second degree murder.
Johnson appeared in court on Saturday, Oct. 21.
Investigators subsequently issued an arrest warrant for Richard Ireland, who has sinc turned himself in to police.
Police say Ireland has also been charged with second degree murder. He will appear in court on Monday, Oct. 23 for a bail hearing.
Both accused men have also been charged with one count of attempted murder in relation to th second victim.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call investigators at the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
- One Male Injured Following Stabbing Incident in Mississauga
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- A Flood Watch is Officially In Effect for Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- Police Report Possible Drowning in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Police Arrest Two Men in Connection With Murder of Mississauga Man
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
- Police Arrest Homicide Suspect in Connection with Mall Stabbing
- One Man Arrested, One Still at Large After Fatally Stabbing 18-Year-Old in Mississauga