Police Arrest Mississauga Purse Snatcher
Peel police recently announced that an arrest has been made following a purse snatching incident in Mississauga.
On Sunday, Jan. 22 at 10:50 a.m., a 65-year-old woman had her purse stolen while she was walking in a grocery store parking lot in the Lakeshore Road West and Mississauga Road area. According to police, a male suspect forcibly grabbed the victim's purse, causing her to fall to the ground.
The suspect, 37-year-old Mississauga man Celso Paiva, fled the scene in an unknown vehicle.
The victim suffered minor injuries.
Paiva has been charged with robbery, dangerous driving and two counts of theft over $5,000.
He was held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Police Looking to ID Alleged Purse Thief in Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- Police Arrest Female Suspect Wanted for Many Mississauga Robberies
- Suspect Arrested Following Road Rage Incident in Mississauga
- Police Make Arrest in Connection with Car Torching in Mississauga
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga