Police arrest Mississauga man for allegedly attempting to drug date
Peel Regional Police (PRP) has arrested a man from Mississauga for allegedly drugging his date.
During the evening of October 22, the suspect—51-year-old Tariq Nawaz—and the victim were having dinner at a restaurant in the area of City Centre Drive and Square One Drive when Nawaz allegedly slipped something in his date’s drink when she left to use the washroom.
As a result of the investigation, Nawaz was arrested and charged with Administering a Noxious substance and Breach of Recognizance. He was released on a Promise to Appear, and he has a court date at the Court of Justice in Brampton on January 8, 2021.
Investigators believe there could be more victims, and anyone with information relevant to the case is urged to contact the 11 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-453-2121, extension 1133.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- Arrest made after man allegedly tied used condoms to cars in Mississauga
- Police searching for outstanding suspect allegedly connected to series of bank robberies in Brampton, Mississauga, and Toronto
- Three people charged by police for defacing property during pair of protests in Mississauga
- Police still searching for suspect in connection to drive-by assault in Mississauga
- Police arrest single suspect in connection to murder in Mississauga
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 25 flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month