Police Arrest Man Suspected of Murdering Mississauga Woman
Peel Police recently announced that they've made an arrest in the region's third homicide of 2017.
On Monday, March 13, 43-year-old Mississauga woman Cheryl McVarish was reported missing from her home.
During the early hours of Monday, March 20, McVarish was located, deceased, in the driveway of her residence.
Subsequent investigation revealed that McVarish had been murdered.
While the exact cause of her death is currently under review by the Coroner's Office, blunt force trauma has been confirmed as one of the contributing factors.
In the early afternoon hours of Tuesday, May 2, 64-year-old Mississauga man Gil Dasilva was arrested without incident at his residence for the second degree murder of McVarish.
Dasilva will appear in court for a remand hearing on May 3.
Anyone with further information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Police Still Searching for Suspects in Several Peel Homicides
- UPDATE: Mississauga Woman's Death Now Considered a Homicide
- Police Searching for 43-Year-Old Mississauga Woman
- UPDATED: Missing Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton