Police Arrest Human Trafficking Suspects Wanted in Brampton and Mississauga
Police have arrested a male and a female wanted for human trafficking offences in Peel Region and beyond.
Police say that on December 26, 2017, they responded to a reported stabbing in the area of Kennedy Road and Sandalwood Parkway in Brampton. Reportedly, a male suspect had stabbed a female.
The victim sustained minor injuries.
According to police investigation, the male who was believed to be responsible for the stabbing and another female had previously “exploited the victim in the sex trade industry.”
Investigators from the Major Drugs and Vice Bureau issued arrest warrants for 34-year-old Audley Crooks and 25-year-old Crystal Eisen on December 29, 2017.
Police say that both Crooks and Eisen were arrested on December 30, 2017.
Crooks has been charged with human trafficking, receiving material benefit resulting from human trafficking, procuring, exercising control over a prostitute, material benefit from sexual services, uttering threat to cause bodily harm, assault, assault with a weapon, and two counts of breach of recognizance.
Eisen has been charged with procuring.
Both parties were held for bail.
Police say that if anyone has information in relation to this investigation, they are urged to call the Major Drugs and Vice Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3555 or 3515. Anonymous tips can also be submitted via Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or online.
- Police Looking for Human Trafficking Suspects in Brampton & Mississauga
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Human Trafficking Suspect in Mississauga