Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
A man has been arrested in connection with two sexual assault incidents that were reported in Mississauga.
Peel police report that on Wednesday, Nov. 29 at approximately 9:40 a.m., a female University of Toronto Student was allegedly followed and sexually assaulted in a stairwell on campus.
Police say the man, who is also a suspect in another assault that occurred earlier in the month, fled the area.
On Nov. 15 at approximately 10:40 p.m., a 21 year-old woman was in the Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West area when the suspect allegedly approached her and sexually assaulted her before fleeing.
On Thursday, Nov. 30, police arrested 18-year-old Mississauga man Fardin Sajid. He has been charged with two counts of sexual assault.
He was held for a bail hearing on Friday, Dec. 1.
Investigators with the Special Victim's Unit believe there may be more victims. Anyone who has had contact with the suspect is urged to contact police..
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at the Special Victim's Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Police Identify Suspect After Series of Sexual Assaults in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Sexual Assault Suspect in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Police seeking public's assistance in identifying suspect connected to sexual assault in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Police still looking for suspect wanted in connection with sexual assault in Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Mississauga and Brampton to close all businesses with 5 or more COVID-19 cases immediately
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga