Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
A man has been arrested in connection with two sexual assault incidents that were reported in Mississauga.
Peel police report that on Wednesday, Nov. 29 at approximately 9:40 a.m., a female University of Toronto Student was allegedly followed and sexually assaulted in a stairwell on campus.
Police say the man, who is also a suspect in another assault that occurred earlier in the month, fled the area.
On Nov. 15 at approximately 10:40 p.m., a 21 year-old woman was in the Hurontario Street and Burnhamthorpe Road West area when the suspect allegedly approached her and sexually assaulted her before fleeing.
On Thursday, Nov. 30, police arrested 18-year-old Mississauga man Fardin Sajid. He has been charged with two counts of sexual assault.
He was held for a bail hearing on Friday, Dec. 1.
Investigators with the Special Victim's Unit believe there may be more victims. Anyone who has had contact with the suspect is urged to contact police..
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at the Special Victim's Unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Multiple Mississauga Residents Enjoying Massive Jackpot Lotto Win
- Million Dollar Lotto Ticket and Two Other Winning Tickets Sold in Mississauga
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Mississauga: May 12-18
- Brand New Affordable Housing Development Breaks Ground in Mississauga
- Mississauga Artists Walk Away with MARTYS
- Police Searching for Sexual Assault Suspect in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Police Searching for Suspect After Student Assaulted on University Campus
- Young Mississauga Teen Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Mississauga Man Arrested for Sexual Assault, Breaking and Entering