Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
Police have arrested a 19-year-old in connection with the death of 17-year-old Toronto teen Sharmarke Farah (pictured above).
On Sunday, Feb. 7, 2016 at approximately 1:00 a.m., Peel police responded to a call in the Derry and Airport Road area in Mississauga regarding an altercation at a business establishment. When officers arrived on scene, they found Farah suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was rushed to a local hospital, but later succumbed to his injuries.
During the same incident, another shot (not the one that struck Farah) was fired at the victim's group of friends.
On Jan. 26, investigators from the Peel police homicide bureau located and arrested Mahad Abdi in Chatam, Ont. with the help of the Chatham-Kent police.
Mahad ABDI, a 19 year-old male of no fixed address, has been charged with one count of attempted murder. He is being held and will appear at the Ontario court of Justice in Brampton on Friday January 27 for a remand hearing.
Investigators would like to speak to any witnesses who were in the area of Derry Road and Airport Road in the City of Mississauga at the time of the murder.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Police Arrest Teen in Connection with Mississauga Shooting Death
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Teen Shot in Mississauga
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Police Arrest Two Men in Connection With Murder of Mississauga Man
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga