Police Apprehend 'Man in Crisis' in Mississauga
Peel police have apprehended a “man in crisis” in Mississauga.
Around 4:00 p.m., Peel police reported that police and EMS crews were on scene in the Erin Mills Parkway and Burnhamthorpe area to respond to reports of a “male in crisis.”
They tweeted that he was receiving the help he required.
‘A person in crisis has been apprehended and taken into custody,” confirmed Peel police Sgt. Josh Colley, who added that the man in question was suffering from a mental health issue.
Although police and emergency crews were on scene, the area was not closed off to residents.
Police are still on scene now, but there’s no need to avoid the area.
Photo courtesy of Pascal Marchand
Police and EMS presence in the area of Erin Mills Pkwy/ Burnhamthorpe Rd. for a male in crisis- now receiving the assistance he requires.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) October 19, 2016
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam