Police Appeal for Witnesses of Shooting in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police are appealing for witnesses of a shooting incident in Mississauga.
On Thursday, May 11 at approximately 2:45 a.m., the 20-year-old victim was seated in his vehicle with another occupant near High Springs Crescent and Hillcrest Avenue, near Mavis Road and Dundas Street.
They were approached by an unknown male who fired several shots towards the victim.
The victim was shot and later taken to a local hospital having suffered non-life threatening injuries. The other occupant was not injured. The culprit fled the area in a grey four-door vehicle.
Police say it's unclear if the man drove himself or was dropped off.
Police believe this was a targeted incident. Police are also asking any residents in the area of the shooting with surveillance video to contact police.
Anyone with information relating to this incident is asked to call investigators of 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Mississauga Company Fined After Worker Falls to Their Death
- Two People Transported To Hospital With Serious Injuries After Collision In Mississauga
- Guns Reportedly Stolen During Residential Break-in in Mississauga
- VIDEOS: Collision In Mississauga Results In Two People With Serious Injuries
- Mississauga Man in Trauma Centre After Stabbing Incident