Police allegedly seize drugs and loaded gun during traffic stop in Mississauga
An 18-year-old man is facing drug and firearms-related charges following a traffic stop in Mississauga, police say.
Peel police say that on Thursday, Aug. 6, 2020, officers investigated a vehicle in the Hurontario Street and King Street West area. According to police, the driver was arrested and officers allegedly located and seized a loaded firearm, drugs, and cash.
Police say the gun had an extended magazine with 20 bullets in it.
Police say Jacob Baird was charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, two drug-related offences and driving with cannabis readily available.
The accused was held for a bail hearing and will be transported to court on Au. 7, 2020.
The information is ongoing, anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 1133.
- Police seize loaded pistol and drugs in Mississauga traffic stop
- Man charged with firearm-related offences following traffic stop in Mississauga
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga traffic stop leads to seizure of loaded pistol and drugs
- Four People Facing Charges After Gun Allegedly Found During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Peel Region follows provincial downward trend in new COVID-19 cases