Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
Police allege they found accessible cannabis and a loaded handgun during a traffic stop in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Monday, April 14, 2019, officers investigated a vehicle in the Goreway Drive and Morning Star Drive area.
According to police, officers saw that marijuana was readily available to the driver. As a result of a search conducted under the Cannabis Control Act, a loaded handgun was allegedly located.
Police say 33-year-old Mississauga man Dwayne Phillips was charged with six offenses, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, having cannabis readily available in a vehicle and more.
The accused will appear in court on April 16.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 2133.
- Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Man Charged After Gun Allegedly Seized from Vehicle in Mississauga
- 16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
- Police seize loaded pistol and drugs in Mississauga traffic stop
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change