Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
Police allege they found accessible cannabis and a loaded handgun during a traffic stop in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Monday, April 14, 2019, officers investigated a vehicle in the Goreway Drive and Morning Star Drive area.
According to police, officers saw that marijuana was readily available to the driver. As a result of a search conducted under the Cannabis Control Act, a loaded handgun was allegedly located.
Police say 33-year-old Mississauga man Dwayne Phillips was charged with six offenses, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, having cannabis readily available in a vehicle and more.
The accused will appear in court on April 16.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 2133.
- Police allegedly seize drugs and loaded gun during traffic stop in Mississauga
- Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Man Charged After Gun Allegedly Seized from Vehicle in Mississauga
- 16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Mississauga students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Mississauga
- Police investigating collision involving child struck by vehicle in Mississauga