Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
Police allege they found accessible cannabis and a loaded handgun during a traffic stop in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Monday, April 14, 2019, officers investigated a vehicle in the Goreway Drive and Morning Star Drive area.
According to police, officers saw that marijuana was readily available to the driver. As a result of a search conducted under the Cannabis Control Act, a loaded handgun was allegedly located.
Police say 33-year-old Mississauga man Dwayne Phillips was charged with six offenses, including unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, having cannabis readily available in a vehicle and more.
The accused will appear in court on April 16.
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 2133.
- What's Open and Closed Victoria Day Monday in Mississauga
- University Students In Mississauga Use Dating To Reduce Student Debt
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Police And Paramedics Assisting Medical Emergency On Scene In Mississauga
- An Interesting Change is Coming to Port Credit's Iconic Lighthouse
- Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Four People Facing Charges After Gun Allegedly Found During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Gun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Another Handgun Seized During Traffic Stop in Mississauga