Plane Lands Safely in Mississauga Despite Reports of Smoke
An airplane with smoke in its cockpit has managed to land safely in Mississauga, likely much to the relief of everyone involved.
Around 1:45 p.m., police received reports of smoke from an American Airlines flight coming from LaGuardia Airport in New York, according to the Mississauga News.
The plane's 50 passengers and three crew members were safely evacuated, and the plane itself arrived at its intended destination of Pearson International Airport.
According to police, there was no active fire onboard and the source of the cockpit's smoke is presently unknown.
Transport Canada will be investigating the incident.
- PHOTOS: Check Out These High Rise Towers Proposed For This Busy Mississauga Intersection
- Highway Crash Blocking Lanes in Mississauga
- Mississauga Teen Arrested After Two Men Stabbed, Seriously Injured
- Toronto Raptors Put Out Incredible Video Tribute for the Fans
- Motorcyclist Taken to Hospital After Crash in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Possible Plane Fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Air Canada Plane Spins Off Runway at Pearson Airport
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Plane Involved in Collision at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Electrical Fire on Plane at Pearson Airport