Plane Lands Safely in Mississauga Despite Reports of Smoke
An airplane with smoke in its cockpit has managed to land safely in Mississauga, likely much to the relief of everyone involved.
Around 1:45 p.m., police received reports of smoke from an American Airlines flight coming from LaGuardia Airport in New York, according to the Mississauga News.
The plane's 50 passengers and three crew members were safely evacuated, and the plane itself arrived at its intended destination of Pearson International Airport.
According to police, there was no active fire onboard and the source of the cockpit's smoke is presently unknown.
Transport Canada will be investigating the incident.
- Police Investigating Possible Plane Fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Air Canada plane lands safely in Madrid after tire rupture, engine issue
- VIDEO: Air Canada Plane Spins Off Runway at Pearson Airport
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport in Mississauga