The Compass Food Bank and Outreach Centre
The Compass is a food bank and outreach centre that has served south Mississauga since 2002. The Compass helps people from all walks of life who are going through hardship. We pride ourselves on being there when people need us most. We work to foster a careing community and to build relationships that support human dignity.
“I started coming to The Compass about a year ago. I am always welcomed with a smile and it just makes me feel like I am not alone and that everything is going to be okay.” - Compass Client
- More than 1,800 people supported through The Compass food bank and services, including more than 500 children.
- More than 400,000 pounds of food provided to people in need.
- More than 250 volunteers providing some 18,000 hours of service.
How You Can Help
Volunteer - Serve in our food bank, stock shelves, pick up food donations, make public presentations or do research. The possibilities to use your talent are endless.
Donate - food donations can be dropped off during market hours. Financial donations are needed and can be made through a secure link on our website - www.thecompass.ca
Organize a Food Drive - Call us to get information on how you can organize a food drive and we’ll work with you to make it a success.
- Donate to Food & Toy Drive
- Dairy farmers donate milk, money to Ontario food banks
- This Thanksgiving, help those in need with Mayor Crombie's 2020 Thanksgiving Food Drive
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is considering limiting the amount of food citizens can bring into Canada
- It's Hunger Action Month and Food Banks Need Your Help