Learning Disabilities Association of Peel Region
LDAPR is one of the only charitable organizations in Peel Region offering comprehensive programs and resources for children/youth and parents who have different abilities and/or Learning Disabilities.
10% of the population in Canada has some form of Learning Disability.
LDs are not “cured” they are supported.
Without supports children may have a greater rate of social issues, mental health concerns and lower rate of educational success.
Our mission at LDAPR is to provide education and services and to advance the full participation of children, youth and adults with learning disabilities in today’s society. Our successful interventions with children and youth ensure that, as adults, they can succeed in whatever path they choose to follow.
- Study finds Ontario children have mixed feelings about learning from home
- Parents, teachers say transition to e-learning will be a learning process
- Next opportunity for Peel students to switch from in-class to online learning in October
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Update on teacher-directed learning from the PDSB