Heritage Mississauga, also known as the Mississauga Heritage Foundation, was founded in 1960, by a small group of volunteers. Originally called the Toronto Township Historical Foundation, this charitable organization supported the move of the Bradley House to its present location and worked to open the home as Mississauga's first Museum facility in 1967.
In 1994 the City of Mississauga officially took over the running of the Museum Complex and Heritage Mississauga took on the role as the only independent organization devoted to city-wide heritage matters. Heritage Mississauga moved into The Grange in 2004.
From its offices at “The Grange”, the historic Robinson-Adamson House (1921 Dundas Street West, Mississauga), Heritage Mississauga provides the community with a comprehensive Heritage Resource Centre. The Centre offers a number of services to the community including:
- Heritage Research & Publications
- Research Assistance
- Community Presentations
- Heritage Resource Centre
- Heritage and Art Exhibits
- Guided and Self-Guided Heritage Tours
- Heritage Events
- Oral History Interviews
- "Heritage News" Publications
- Heritage Network & Community Partners
A not-for-profit charity Heritage Mississauga works closely with the community on assisted and independent research relating to Mississauga's history and modern developments.
Heritage Mississauga (Mississauga Heritage Foundation Inc.) is a not-for-profit charitable organization dedicated to promotion of local heritage. Heritage Mississauga's MISSION "is research, record and celebrate Mississauga's rich and diverse heritage". Heritage Mississauga's VISION is to be "Mississauga's Heritage Source."