Pizza Pizza Introduces New Meat Alternatives to its Menu
Almost everyone loves pizza! However, some pizza lovers don’t like to eat meat but still want some more protein.
On Monday (June 24) Pizza Pizza announced the launch of their new Super Plant Pizza, the first plant-based protein topping recipe available on the menu in order to appeal to customers who want more options.
"The pizza landscape in Canada is continuously evolving and we have always been an innovation leader at the forefront," said Paul Goddard, the CEO of Pizza Pizza. "The launch of the Super Plant Pizza with our plant-based protein options is an exciting moment in our brand history and one that we are very proud of. We will continue to create flexible options to suit all dietary preferences as we look to the future."
The new recipe uses a combination of flavours and is available on any crust, including the newest crust addition: Cauliflower Crust.
The recipe includes: homestyle Italian tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and is topped with plant-based pepperoni and plant-based chorizo crumble. For a more vegan experience, customers are also able to order dairy-free vegan cheese.
"Most people personalize their pizza and consumers want options; that's something we've continually offered consumers, putting quality and great taste at the forefront of introducing new options," said Alyssa Huggins the Vice President of Marketing at Pizza Pizza. "With the launch of the Super Plant Pizza and the plant-based protein options we are responding to our customers' ever-changing needs, namely the flexitarian movement, but also growth in consumers identifying as vegan or vegetarian."
The plant-based protein options have been made available through a strategic partnership with Yves Veggie Cuisine and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Both brands are leaders in the plant-based protein space and offer a unique flavour in all their products.
The new menu items will be available in all traditional Pizza Pizza restaurants across Canada.
Cover photo courtesy of Pizza Pizza’s Facebook
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- The People Behind the Street Names in Mississauga
- Major phone scam affecting Mississauga; residents warned not to call back
- VIDEO: Ron MacLean's speech on the controversy and end of Coach's Corner
- Pizza Pizza Introduces Vegan Cheese in Mississauga and Beyond
- Pizza Pizza launches new gourmet options for Mississauga restaurants
- Here's How You Can Get A Pizza For Only $4.20 In Mississauga
- Here’s How You Can Get Cheap Pizza in Mississauga This Week
- Extremely Cheap Pizza Available in Mississauga Soon