Pimp Sentenced to Five Years for Prostituting Teen in Mississauga
A man has been sentenced to five years in prison in connection with prostitution related offenses.
In December 2015, the Peel Regional Police Major Drugs and Vice unit launched an investigation into prostitution and pimping related offenses involving Devante Williams, a 24-year-old man from Toronto.
During the investigation, police identified a 15-year-old female victim who was being controlled and influenced in the sex trade by Williams in Peel and the GTA.
According to Peel police, Williams was arrested by investigators on Dec. 23, 2015 and charged with several prostitution and pimping related offences.
On Feb. 23, 2017, Williams pled guilty at his preliminary hearing to one count of procuring, one count of make child pornography and one count of sexual interference.
Williams was sentenced to five years imprisonment as a result of the convictions.
Anyone with information about prostitution, human trafficking or pimping activity in Peel Region is asked to call Peel Regional Police or Crime Stoppers. You can also visit our website by clicking here.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- Male Hospitalized After Shooting in Mississauga
- Water Safety Statement Just Issued for Mississauga
- Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- Mississauga Teen Charged in Connection with Violent Human Trafficking Incident
- Police Arrest Human Trafficking Suspects Wanted in Brampton and Mississauga
- UPDATED: Police Searching for Man Related to Sexual Assault Investigation in Mississauga