Pimp Sentenced to Five Years for Prostituting Teen in Mississauga
A man has been sentenced to five years in prison in connection with prostitution related offenses.
In December 2015, the Peel Regional Police Major Drugs and Vice unit launched an investigation into prostitution and pimping related offenses involving Devante Williams, a 24-year-old man from Toronto.
During the investigation, police identified a 15-year-old female victim who was being controlled and influenced in the sex trade by Williams in Peel and the GTA.
According to Peel police, Williams was arrested by investigators on Dec. 23, 2015 and charged with several prostitution and pimping related offences.
On Feb. 23, 2017, Williams pled guilty at his preliminary hearing to one count of procuring, one count of make child pornography and one count of sexual interference.
Williams was sentenced to five years imprisonment as a result of the convictions.
Anyone with information about prostitution, human trafficking or pimping activity in Peel Region is asked to call Peel Regional Police or Crime Stoppers. You can also visit our website by clicking here.
- Mississauga man sentenced to eight years in prison for human trafficking
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Toronto man arrested in connection to child luring investigation in Peel Region
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To A Child Luring Investigation
- Mississauga, Brampton students likely to finish school year via remote learning
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Cyclist taken to hospital after being hit by car in Brampton
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021