Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
It looks like Mississauga is providing the backdrop for yet another TV series.
Back in February, Twitter user @brotherneil posted photos of filming at the UTM campus for Good Sam, a CBS medical drama whose pilot is still in development.
Another pic just as the sign was being assembled prior to mounting pic.twitter.com/QsV487hpdz— brother neil (@brotherneil) February 12, 2021
However, it looks like filming hasn’t concluded yet, with crew trucks reportedly still in Mississauga as of this morning (March 7).
According to Deadline, Good Sam is centred on a talented heart surgeon who takes on a leadership role when her renowned boss, who also happens to her father, falls into a coma.
When he awakens and wants to resume surgery, it falls to her to supervise an “overbearing blowhard who never acknowledged her talents.”
Good Sam stars famous American actress Sophia Bush, known for her work on other TV series such as Chicago P.D., Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and in various films including John Tucker Must Die and The Incredibles 2.
As pilot development is still underway, details are still largely unknown about the show, and it’s not clear how much production plans to film in Mississauga — but either way, we’re definitely excited to see where this goes.
Photos courtesy of @brotherneil on Twitter
- 401 closed as Mississauga woman killed in early morning collision
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- 65% of all Mississauga and Brampton residents will have a vaccine shot by June
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City