PICK A SIDE: Which streaming site is best?
If you’ve been following the instructions of the Province and social distancing the last few weeks, you may have been using the extra time to catch up on the TV shows and movies you’ve been meaning to watch.
If you don’t have cable, you’ve probably been using a streaming service. But which one is best?
Netflix is the original streaming service—it has plenty of movies and TV shows to watch, both from big-name studios as well as exclusive content.
However, when it comes to prices, Netflix is one of the more expensive options—the base fee is $9.99 per month and doesn’t include high-definition video.
Additionally, it only allows viewers to watch on a single screen at a time. Those who want to watch on multiple devices at the same time will need to pay either $13.99 for two screens, or $16.99 for four screens.
Another streaming service that has been growing in popularity is Crave—which starts at $9.99 per month and allows subscribers to watch on two screens at the same time.
The base subscription comes with Crave originals, as well as several different TV shows and Showtime.
Further, subscribers can add movies and HBO for an additional $9.99 per month as well as Starz for an additional $5.99 per month.
Despite being one of the newer streaming service, Disney+ has been growing in popularity due to the fact it has plenty of your favourite movies and TV shows from when you were a kid, and you can stream content on four different screens at the same time for just $8.99 per month.
However, while Disney+ has content from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and National Geographic, there isn’t as much original content as other streaming services, and many people have been frustrated with the length of time it takes for new content to be added.
Finally, there’s Amazon Prime Video, which lets users stream different content on up to three screens at the same time (although users can only stream the same content on two screens simultaneously) for $8.99 per month.
Prime Video has plenty of original TV shows for subscribers to enjoy, and, it comes included with a Prime membership for $12.99 per month—$119 per year.
- Disney+ streaming service now available in Mississauga
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney's New Streaming Service
- Will Disney’s New Streaming Service Become Netflix’s Biggest Competitor?
- Did You Know You Can Request TV Shows and Movies on Netflix?
- Major Company Launches Brand New Streaming Service
- Mayor and public health reveal Mississauga neighbourhood with higher concentration of COVID-19 cases
- Protest against anti-Black racism planned for Mississauga
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie addresses calls to defund Peel Regional Police
- Police searching for missing man with intellectual disability known to frequent Mississauga
- Overnight stabbing in Mississauga