PICK A SIDE: What are you most excited about reopening?
It’s been a long two months—even before the Province mandated non-essential businesses to close to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, some had already begun to do so.
However, now that the spread has begun to decline, the Province is starting to allow certain businesses and facilities to reopen.
As of May 8, garden centres and nurseries have been permitted to reopen, and hardware stores and safety supply stores have reopened as of May 9.
Retailers with a street entrance that can facilitate curbside pickup were allowed to reopen May 11—customers will be permitted to shop in-stores provided they schedule an appointment and/or stores limit the number of people inside at one time.
Additionally, as of May 16, some outdoor recreational facilities will be open, including golf courses, though clubhouses will be open only for washrooms, and restaurants will only provide food for takeout; marinas and boat clubs will be permitted to open for public use; and stables that board horses will be permitted to allow boarders to visit, care for, and ride their horses.
Further, pet services, including grooming, sitting, training, and walking services are permitted to resume.
Finally, some outdoor recreational sports centre will open, albeit with limited access to certain facilities—clubhouses and change rooms will still be closed, but washrooms will be open.
Activities that will be permissible include racquet sports, such as tennis, ping pong, and badminton; shooting; cycling, including BMX; horseback riding; water sports on lakes and natural bodies of water; animal-related sports, such as dog racing, and horse racing; and sports that can be performed while physical distancing, such as track and field, car and motorcycle racing, figure skating, fencing, rock climbing, and gymnastics.
So Mississauga, now that things are starting to resume, what are you looking forward to most?
- Ontario stores to reopen for curbside pickup, delivery today
- Ontario announces additional workplaces allowed to reopen amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Ontario sports teams are getting back to work as training facilities re-open
- PICK A SIDE: Is it still too soon to reopen businesses?
- Ontario announces list of essential services permitted to remain open
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Paramedics attending after male injured in shooting in Mississauga