PICK A SIDE: Is November too soon for Christmas decorations?
Now that Halloween is over, it’s time to start thinking about the winter holidays (quick, someone go and wake up Michael Buble)—at least that’s what the stores would have you believe.
As soon as November 1 comes, the shelves of stores are a sea of red and green, and all you can hear over the speakers is Christmas music (something that infuriates many retail employees stuck listening to the same songs on a loop).
This year, some stores were even replacing Halloween decorations with Christmas decorations on Halloween night.
But, is November too soon to start decorating for the holidays?
Some believe decorations shouldn’t go up until at least the end of November or beginning of December, while others believe it isn’t the right time until there’s snow on the ground.
I know Halloween is over, but it's still too early for Christmas music and decorations, imo. Wait until the last week of November— Grusha (@saunteringquill) November 1, 2020
Some people are saying, given all the mayhem and disaster that has occurred this year, people should be encouraged to put up decorations whenever they want.
However, not everyone agrees.
I honestly don't care what kind of year 2020 has been, November 2nd is still too early for Christmas decorations/music/etc.— stargirl (@wiley__jean) November 3, 2020
Then of course, there are those who feel it’s NEVER too early for decorations, no matter what the calendar says.
It is November 1st. You know that means?!— ?H? sL?y?R (@Mythstaken) November 1, 2020
Time for Hallmark movies, fuzzy socks and Christmas decorations! No, it is never too early. Ever. [Wraps tinsel around my neck with flair.]
It seems, when it comes to music, many people believe November is still too soon.
November 1st is TOO EARLY FOR Y’ALL TO BE PLAYING CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!— Cedric Davis (@ceddydavis) November 2, 2020
However, others believe, similar to decorations, it’s never too early.
thank god it’s november 1st, that means 2020 is almost over. also i can start listening to christmas music without feeling guilty of it being too early!!— carol BIDEN HARRIS 2020 (@PARKERSWEASLEY) November 1, 2020
So, Mississauga, what do you think? Is November too early for Christmas decorations?
- PICK A SIDE: Is November too soon to be putting up Christmas decorations
- All COVID-19 cases at Mississauga grocery stores for the week of November 23 to 29
- All COVID-19 cases at Mississauga grocery stores for the week of November 9 to 15
- All COVID-19 cases at Mississauga grocery stores for the week of November 16 to 22
- All COVID-19 cases at grocery stores for the week of November 2 to 8
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in connection with India call centre scam
- COVID-19 surge forcing paramedics to unload ambulances outside hospitals in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – December 3