PICK A SIDE: Is it still too early to reopen gyms?
Now that many cities across the province have been given the green light to enter Stage 3, more businesses have been permitted to reopen.
Among them are gyms and fitness studios.
Many of the country’s big gyms, including Goodlife Fitness, have announced they will be reopening as early as this week in certain parts of the province, but should they be?
Those in favour of gyms reopening have cited struggles with their mental health due to a lack of exercise during the pandemic as strong reason to reopen.
Additionally, advocates of reopening gyms have cited the physical health benefits exercising provides—particularly for the immune system.
Gyms are reopening in Ontario YES LETS GOOOOOOO— Yohani (@yschristeen) July 13, 2020
However, those opposed to gyms reopening believe it could further facilitate a second wave of the virus due to the sharing of the equipment.
Further, some are concerned that if certain gyms slack off when it comes to enforcing capacity limits and practicing sanitation protocols it will exacerbate this risk.
Not sure the gyms reopening is a good idea; some of us have managed fine at home: pic.twitter.com/MJEiAJiVKe— Larry the Cat (@Number10cat) July 9, 2020
So, Mississauga, what do you think?
Should gyms be permitted to reopen, or is it still too son?
- With gyms reopening in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario, everyone will have to make adjustments
- Today Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario gyms, restaurants, cinemas reopen in Step 3
- Ontario government says gyms and fitness centres can increase capacity limits
- PICK A SIDE: Was the Province right to close gyms?
- Gyms, theatres among those cleared to reopen as much of Ontario enters recovery Stage 3
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton