PICK A SIDE: Is it still too early to reopen gyms?
Now that many cities across the province have been given the green light to enter Stage 3, more businesses have been permitted to reopen.
Among them are gyms and fitness studios.
Many of the country’s big gyms, including Goodlife Fitness, have announced they will be reopening as early as this week in certain parts of the province, but should they be?
Those in favour of gyms reopening have cited struggles with their mental health due to a lack of exercise during the pandemic as strong reason to reopen.
Additionally, advocates of reopening gyms have cited the physical health benefits exercising provides—particularly for the immune system.
Gyms are reopening in Ontario YES LETS GOOOOOOO— Yohani (@yschristeen) July 13, 2020
However, those opposed to gyms reopening believe it could further facilitate a second wave of the virus due to the sharing of the equipment.
Further, some are concerned that if certain gyms slack off when it comes to enforcing capacity limits and practicing sanitation protocols it will exacerbate this risk.
Not sure the gyms reopening is a good idea; some of us have managed fine at home: pic.twitter.com/MJEiAJiVKe— Larry the Cat (@Number10cat) July 9, 2020
So, Mississauga, what do you think?
Should gyms be permitted to reopen, or is it still too son?
- Ontario government says gyms and fitness centres can increase capacity limits
- Gyms, theatres among those cleared to reopen as much of Ontario enters recovery Stage 3
- Struggling boutique gyms navigate unique COVID-19 pandemic challenges
- Mississauga gyms and fitness facilities offering online workouts during COVID-19 pandemic
- Mississauga will not yet be permitted to enter Stage 3 of the province’s reopening plan
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- Police looking for missing vulnerable female last seen in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28